Denali Plug-n-Play CANsmart Controller for BMW R1200 LC & R1250 Series – Gen I
Harness the flexibility and intelligence of your BMW motorcycle's CANbus electrical system
Harness the flexibility and intelligence of your BMW motorcycle’s CANbus electrical system to make installation of accessories drastically easier with the DENALI CANsmart™ Controller. The CANsmart provides for plug-and-play installation of up to four electrical accessories, all controlled through your BMW’s existing handlebar switches including the rotary “WunderWheel” multi controller. No more “tacked on” switches or confounding wire routing. In addition, because the CANsmart controls the power distribution functions, there’s no need to wire in bulky relays to control your accessories.
The CANsmart’s four dedicated circuits are pre-programmed to connect to and independently control two sets of auxiliary lights, an auxiliary horn, and an auxiliary brake light. Each accessory circuit is electronically fused and ready to use right out of the box. Free software (for Mac or PC) allows you to customize these circuits, but the default settings will be right for the vast majority of installations.
The two auxiliary light circuits enable independent adjustment of high and low beam brightness right from the vehicles WunderWheel. It also features a “flash to pass” and “strobe when horn active” setting that will strobe the auxiliary lights when you pulse your high beam switch or sound your horn. The feature-rich brake light circuit will transform a simple two-wire brake light into a smart brake light complete with running light, multiple flash pattern, and deceleration activated braking functionality. The horn circuit enables the addition of an auxiliary horn without having to add a relay and dedicated horn wiring harness.
Want more flexibility? We thought you might. You can set any of the four circuits to Simple Circuit Mode, which will disable all custom circuit settings to provide a clean switched 12V circuit to power an accessory of your choice. The electronic fuse is the only active setting so you can properly fuse your accessory.
- True Plug & Play installation
- Offers custom control of your electrical accessories
- 4 dedicated circuits pre-programmed to control two sets of auxiliary lights, an auxiliary horn, & an auxiliary brake light
- Each circuit is electronically fused and preconfigured to use right out of the box
- New firmware allows full dimming control of two-wire circuits, including any brand of driving light
- Features dozens of customizable settings that can be controlled with the factory BMW “WunderWheel“ or CANsmart
- Accessory Manager Software
- Two light circuits allow independent adjustment of high & low beam brightness with the WunderWheel
- Flash to pass & strobe when horn active can strobe your auxiliary lights when you pulse the high beam or sound your horn
- Compatible with the DENALI B6 Auxiliary Brake Light for integrated running light, multiple flash pattern, deceleration & activated braking functionality
- Permits use of auxiliary horn like the DENALI SoundBomb without having to add a relay or dedicated horn wiring harness
Software Downloads –
Integrate seamlessly with BMW’s CANbus system
Control up to 4 electrical accessories
Additional information / Product Reviews
Source : Twisted Throttle
What’s in the box?
CANsmart Controller Gen I1
(2) 4ft light extension cables
5ft SoundBomb horn extension cable
Brake light pigtail
Adhesive hook-and-loop fastener
Micro USB programing cable