Denali Plug-n-Play CANsmart Controller for Harley Davidson
Harness the flexibility and intelligence of your Harley's CANbus electrical system
Harness the flexibility and intelligence of your Harley Davidson’s CANbus electrical system to make installation of accessories drastically easier with the DENALI CANsmart™ Controller. The CANsmart provides for plug-and-play installation of up to four electrical accessories, all controlled right from your bikes original switches or DENALI Accessory Manager Software. No more “tacked on” switches or confounding wire routing. In addition, because the CANsmart controls the power distribution functions, there’s no need to wire in bulky relays to control your accessories.
Simply connect the CANsmart Controller to your Harley-Davidson diagnostic port to access over 35 programmable accessory settings that provide intelligent control of factory passing lamps, auxiliary lights, horns, brake lights, or any other accessory you can imagine. The four accessory circuits are electronically fused and can provide up to 25 peak amps (10 amps continuous).
The CANsmart H-D is compatible with over 60 Harley-Davidson models including all Sportster, Dyna, Softail, Touring, CVO, and Trike models from 2014 to present. It features –
- High/Low Sync – Set passing lamps and auxiliary lights to switch between a programmable high/low setting with the factory high beam switch.
- On/OFF and Dim – Independently control two sets of lights on/off and intensity level (for both day and night) right from your bikes factory trip switch. Click three times to turn lights on/off, or hold for 3 seconds to enter dimming mode where you can cycle between 10% – 100% intensity.
- Modulate Lights – Set passing lamps or auxiliary lights to modulate to increase your visibility to other motorists.
- Flash to Pass – Need to get someone’s attention? Pulse your high beam switch three times and your auxiliary lights will strobe three times fast.
- Cancel With Turn Signal – This feature cancels the corresponding auxiliary light when you turn your turn signal on preventing powerful auxiliary lights from overpowering your signal.
- Plug & Play Horn Installation – Quickly and easily connect high power aftermarket horns like our SoundBomb™ without having to add an additional harness or relay.
- Strobe with Horn – With this feature selected the CANsmart™ will automatically strobe your passing lamps or auxiliary lights when you sound your horn. This feature works whether you have the factory horn or SoundBomb™ horn installed.
- Deceleration Activated “Smart Brake” Technology – The CANsmart™ reads vehicle speed in real time to activate your brake light during deceleration before you even touch the brake. You can adjust the sensitivity and minimum speed at which the Smart Brake Feature will activate.
- Flash Pattern Braking – The CANsmart™ provides four different flash patterns that make our super bright auxiliary brake lights even noticeable to motorists behind you. You can set auxiliary brake lights to only flash under hard braking, flash continuously as your brake is applied or flash four times rapidly then hold steady (California legal flash rate).
- Compatible with Genuine Harley-Davidson Accessories – We prefer DENALI lights, but Harley has got some sick lighting too. The CANsmart™ can provide “smart brake” and flash pattern braking to a wide variety of accessories including Harley-Davidson aftermarket LED brake lights.
- Switched Power Source – The CANsmart™ provides a universal “accessory” option which simply gives you clean switched 12V power. That means whatever accessory you connect to this circuit will turn on and off with your ignition.
- Delay Time Out – You can also set the accessories on this circuit to have a delayed time out. This will keep them powered for up to 30 seconds after your turn off your bike.
- On Board Power – The “accessory” circuit option is ideal for powering your GPS, phone, heated gear or any other electronic device.
Want more flexibility? We thought you might. You can set any of the four circuits to Simple Circuit Mode, which will disable all custom circuit settings to provide a clean switched 12V circuit to power an accessory of your choice. The electronic fuse is the only active setting so you can properly fuse your accessory.
The CANSmart is designed to provide a seemless installation for Denali products, with full wiring harnesses already included in the kit. This means that you only need to buy the LED light pods (See links in “Related Products” below), and connect them to the included harnesses.
Software Downloads –
Integrate seamlessly with Harleys’s CANbus system
35 programmable functions for up to 4 electrical accessories
What’s in the box?
(2) 4ft light extension cables
5ft SoundBomb horn extension cable
Brake light pigtail
Adhesive hook-and-loop fastener
Micro USB programing cable